Here you will introduce yourself and the camera you will use in class. You will also be introduced to the process of adding a title and captions to your photographs.
- Use Moodle discussion, quiz and assignment tools to complete classwork
- Identify 5 elements to writing a complete caption for a photograph
- Generate your own captions for photographs
2. Getting Started
3. Basic Composition
Look around and you'll find interesting patterns and lines everywhere around you.
4. Editing Basics
The term composition means the placement or arrangement of visual elements or ingredients in a work of art or a photograph.
6 Exploring Light
, sidelight... In this lesson you'll explore how to take advantage and even create interesting lighting for your photographs. It doesn't take expensive equipment to make a lighting studio. Just borrow the living room table lamp and use a tripod to eliminate camera shake.
There's something magical about the human face and a great smile goes a long ways towards making an average photograph a great one. As you progress through the course, continue to take portraits and experiment with new techniques as you acquire them.
8. Color & White Balance
9. Exposures & ISO
- Define exposure and ISO in terms of digital photography
- Explain how changes in ISO change a pictures quality
- Explore the use of ISO by taking pictures of 5 pictures of the same sign, windows and doors at different ISO levels. (Photo Shoot 8)
10. Exposure and Shutter Speed
Exposure refers to the amount of light that reaches your camera sensor. The shutter speed and aperture size of your camera allow you to control exposure. There are times when you want to be creative and you want to control these settings yourself
11. Exposure and Aperture
The aperture is part of the exposure settings and thus is part of the exposure settings. It also allows you to control the DOF(DEPTH OF FIELD).
12. Photo Essay Final Project